Chatham-Kent's tourism season is ramping up and heading into full gear. To help take advantage of opportunities both this year and planning for the future, join Chatham-Kent Economic Development and Chatham-Kent Tourism Development, Community Attraction & Promotion for the Tourism-Ready Business Overdrive Event. The event is set for June 13, 2019 at Tru’s Grill House from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm.
The education session will equip Chatham-Kent tourism operators with invaluable advice on how to leverage local and international resources to ensure they are “Tourism Season Ready”. This includes important topics such as:
- Introduction to Economic Development and the Chatham-Kent Small Business Centre
- Overview of Chatham-Kent Tourism Services
- Tourism Ready 101: Top tourism must-do’s for business
- Opportunities through CK Tourism for promoting your business or event in top local and provincial event listings, including how to become a part of the CK Today Travel Guide
- Overview of Municipal grants
- Funding opportunities with Community Futures Development Corporation
“I have been busy working with businesses across Chatham-Kent get ready for their seasonal rush and the response has been excellent,” said Shannon Paiva, Supervisor, Tourism Development. “Chatham-Kent Tourism can help with everything from customer service training, to helping businesses learn how to develop their story, and of course working with businesses to understand where to tell their story. This event will touch on all of these tools, and more.”
“We have seen a growing trend locally of businesses looking to access the millennial market because they recognize that this demographic is spending more money on experiences rather than traditional purchases,”
said Taylor Hughes, Economic Development Officer with Chatham-Kent Economic Development. “We are hoping through this event that businesses will gain a better understanding of resources they have available to them and pick up some tips and tricks along the way.”
Hughes added, “The Chatham-Kent Small Business Centre works with businesses of all size, from those just starting to plan all the way to those who have been in business for years and looking to grow. We always welcome a call to book an appointment for a free consultation.”
For more information about the event and to register, please visit www.investck.ca. Space is limited, so please register as soon as possible.
2019 is set to be an outstanding tourism year for Chatham-Kent thanks to both large events, such as RetroFest and WAMBO, and also smaller events that are running across the entire region.
- For more information about Chatham-Kent Tourism, visit: www.livingck.ca
- Learn more about Chatham-Kent Economic Development on our website: www.investck.ca
Supervisor, Tourism Development, Community Attraction & Promotion
Municipality of Chatham-Kent
Phone: 226-312-2023 x4263
Marketing and Communications Officer, Economic Development Services
Municipality of Chatham-Kent
Phone: 519-352-8401 x2039