Council Meeting Agenda
Monday, April 15, 2019 6:00 P.M.
Council Chambers Civic Centre
315 King Street West 2nd Floor
1. Call to Order
2. Disclosures of Pecuniary Interest (Direct or Indirect) for Closed Session Agenda Items and the General Nature There Of
3. Supplementary Closed Session Agenda Items
4. Recess to Closed Session - Councillor Carmen McGregor, Closed Session Chair - 4:30 p.m.
That Council move into a Closed Session Meeting of Council pursuant to Section 239 of the Municipal Act, 2001, as amended, for the following reason:
• Personal matters about an identifiable individual, including municipal or local board employees and advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose with regard to Integrity Commissioner Final Report. Section 239(2)(b)(f), Municipal Act, 2001.
5. Adjournment of Closed Session
Resumption of Open Council Meeting – 6:00 p.m.
6. Playing of the National Anthem
7. Approval of Supplementary Agenda
8. Disclosures of Pecuniary Interest (Direct or Indirect) for Open Session Agenda Items and the General Nature There Of
9. Deputations – items on current agenda
(requests must be received by 3:00 p.m.)
10. Consent Agenda
(a) Information Reports
(b) Committee Reports
(c) Council Meeting Minutes
(i) Budget Committee Minutes from its meetings held on January 16, January 30, January 31 and February 5, 2019
Action – Council to advise the Clerk of any items to be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed aside for consideration and debate separately.
Motion – That the items listed on the Consent Agenda be approved as presented and that action be taken as required (excluding any items placed aside).
Action – Items placed aside will now be discussed
11. Notices of Motion
(a) Presentation of new Notices of Motion
12. Tender Awards (electronic voting)
13. Entegrus Inc. (electronic voting)
14. Corporate Services (electronic voting)
15. Infrastructure and Engineering Services (electronic voting)
16. Integrity Commissioner
17 Closed Session Reports (electronic voting)
18. Approval of Communication Items
19. Non Agenda Business
20. Reading of By-law
(a) First Reading
(b) Second Reading
i. By-law to provide for drainage work in the Municipality of Chatham-Kent for the Bullis Creek Drain (Rhodes Bridge), Community of Raleigh – First and Second Reading Only
ii. By-law to provide for drainage work in the Municipality of Chatham-Kent for the Realignment of Part of the Downie Drain for Camythorne Inc., Community of Harwich – First and Second Reading Only
iii. By-law to provide for drainage work in the Municipality of Chatham-Kent for the Deary Drain Improvements Pump No. 2, Community of Raleigh – First and Second Reading Only
(c) Council to go into Committee, if Required, to Discuss By-law
(d) Resumption of Council
(e) Third and Final Reading
i. By-law to provide appointment of Freedom of Information and Privacy Coordinator for the Corporation of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent
ii. By-law to permit the paving a portion of the municipal right-of-way abutting the commercial property legally described as PIN 00524-0323, municipally known as 523 Richmond St., Chatham
iii. By-law to permit the paving a portion of the municipal right-of-way abutting the commercial property legally described as PIN 00583-0102, municipally known as 55 Elm Dr. S, Wallaceburg
iv. By-law to confirm proceedings of the Council of The Corporation of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent at its meeting held on the 15th day of April, 2019
21. Resolution Council in Closed Session & Adjournment
That Chatham-Kent Council adjourn to its next Meeting to be held on Monday, April 25, 2019 and that Chatham-Kent Council authorize itself to meet in closed session on that day to discuss any matters permitted by The Municipal Act.