Council Meeting Agenda
Monday, October 21, 2019 6:00 P.M.
Council Chambers Civic Centre
315 King Street West 2nd Floor
1. Call to Order
2. Disclosures of Pecuniary Interest (Direct or Indirect) for Closed Session Agenda Items and the General Nature There Of
3. Supplementary Closed Session Agenda Items
4. Recess to Closed Session – 4:00 p.m. - Councillor Carmen McGregor, Closed Session Chair
That Council moved into a Closed Session Meeting of Council pursuant to Section 239 of the Municipal Act, 2001, as amended, for the following reasons:
- Proposed disposition of land by the municipality or local board with regard to Offer to Purchase – Parkland, Churchill Park Road. Section 239(2)(c), Municipal Act, 2001.
- Advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose with regard to Sidewalk Maintenance. Section 239(2)(f), 2001.
- Security of the property of the municipality and education and training of the members with regard to Cyber Security Training. Section 239(2)(a) & (3.1)(1), Municipal Act, 2001.
A proposed or pending acquisition or disposition of land by the municipality or local board, and advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose with regard to 508 Richmond Street, Chatham and nearby related land. Section 239(2)(c), and (f) Municipal Act, 2001.
5. Adjournment of Closed Session
“That Chatham-Kent Council adjourn the Closed Session Meeting of October 21, 2019.”
Resumption of Open Council Meeting – 6:00 p.m.
6. Playing of the National Anthem
7. Approval of Supplementary Agenda
8. Disclosures of Pecuniary Interest (Direct or Indirect) for Open Session Agenda Items and the General Nature There Of
9. Deputations – items on current agenda - (requests must be received by 3:00 p.m.)
10. Consent Agenda
(a) Information Reports
(b) Routine Approval
(c) Committee Reports
Action – Council to advise the Clerk of any items to be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed aside for consideration and debate separately.
Motion – That the items listed on the Consent Agenda be approved as presented and that action be taken as required (excluding any items placed aside).
Action – Items placed aside will now be discussed
11. Notices of Motion
(a) Presentation of new Notices of Motion
12. Tender Awards
13. Community Human Services (electronic voting)
14. Community Development (electronic voting)
15. Infrastructure and Engineering Services (electronic voting)
16. Corporate Services
17. Finance, Budget and Information Technology Services (electronic voting)
18. Closed Session Reports (electronic voting)
19. Approval of Communication Items
20. Non Agenda Business
21. Reading of By-law
(a) First Reading
(b) Second Reading
i. By-law to provide for drainage work in the Municipality of Chatham-Kent for the McKays Line Drain, Community of Howard – First and Second Reading Only
(c) Council to go into Committee, if Required, to Discuss By-law
(d) Resumption of Council
(e) Third and Final Reading
i. By-law to provide for drainage work in the Municipality of Chatham-Kent for the Goetheyn Drain, Community of Camden – Third and Final Reading
ii. By-law to amend By-law Number 245-2004 of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent (Limited parking permitted)
iii. By-law to amend By-law Number 245-2004 of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent (Limited parking permitted, Physically Challenged – On-Street and Loading Zone)
iv. By-law to repeal 200-2004 passed September 7, 2004 (By-law for the licensing and regulating hunting during open season, small game being pheasants and rabbits in the Municipality of Chatham-Kent)
v. By-law to amend By-law 44-2019 (By-law to Establish Certain User Fees)
vi. By-law to confirm proceedings of the Council of The Corporation of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent at its meeting held on the 21st day of October, 2019
22. Resolution Council in Closed Session & Adjournment
That Chatham-Kent Council adjourn to its next Meeting to be held on Monday, November 4, 2019 and that Chatham-Kent Council authorize itself to meet in closed session on that day to discuss any matters permitted by The Municipal Act.