Council Meeting Agenda
Monday, April 29, 2019 6:00 P.M.
Council Chambers Civic Centre
315 King Street West 2nd Floor
1. Call to Order
2. Disclosures of Pecuniary Interest (Direct or Indirect) for Closed Session Agenda Items and the General Nature There Of
3. Supplementary Closed Session Agenda Items
4. Recess to Closed Session – 4:30 p.m. - Councillor Carmen McGregor, Closed Session Chair
That Council moved into a Closed Session Meeting of Council pursuant to Section 239 of the Municipal Act, 2001, as amended, for the following reasons:
- Potential litigation and advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose with regard to Fifth Street Bridge Construction Delays. Section 239(2)(e) & (f), Municipal Act, 2001.
- Proposed disposition of land by the municipality or local board, advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose, and a plan to be applied to any negotiations carried on by the municipality or local board with regard to WDC Rail. Section 239(2)(c), (f) & (k), Municipal Act, 2001.
- Advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose with regard to 75 Dell Street, Wallaceburg. Section 239(2)(f), Municipal Act, 2001.
5. Adjournment of Closed Session
“That Chatham-Kent Council adjourn the Closed Session Meeting of April 29, 2019.”
Resumption of Open Council Meeting – 6:00 p.m.
6. Playing of the National Anthem
7. Approval of Supplementary Agenda
8. Disclosures of Pecuniary Interest (Direct or Indirect) for Open Session Agenda Items and the General Nature There Of
(a) Recognition of Genevieve Sasseville and Madison Broad for competing at the Canadian Swimming Trials and earning a spot on the Canadian National Swim Team
11. Deputations – items on current agenda - (requests must be received by 3:00 p.m.)
12. Consent Agenda
(a) Information Reports
(b) Routine Approval
(c) Committee Reports
(d) Council Meeting Minutes
(i) Council Meeting minutes from its meeting held on March 4, 2019
(ii) Council Meeting minutes from its meeting held on March 25, 2019
Action – Council to advise the Clerk of any items to be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed aside for consideration and debate separately.
Motion – That the items listed on the Consent Agenda be approved as presented and that action be taken as required (excluding any items placed aside).
Action – Items placed aside will now be discussed
13. Notices of Motion
(a) Presentation of new Notices of Motion
14. Tender Awards
15. Finance, Budget and Information Technology Services (electronic voting)
16. Chief Administrative Office (electronic voting)
17. Community Development
18. Community Human Services (electronic voting)
19. Infrastructure and Engineering Services (electronic voting)
20. Corporate Services
21. Closed Session Reports (electronic voting)
22. Approval of Communication Items
23. Non Agenda Business
24. Reading of By-law
(a) First Reading
(b) Second Reading
(c) Council to go into Committee, if Required, to Discuss By-law
(d) Resumption of Council
(e) Third and Final Reading
i. By-law to dedicate certain lands for Highway Purposes forming a part of Big Pointe Road in the Community of Dover, Municipality of Chatham-Kent
ii. By-law to set Tax Ratios for Prescribed Property Classes for Municipal Purposes for the 2019 Taxation Year
iii. By-law to establish maximum tax increases for certain Commercial, Industrial & Multi-Residential properties for the 2019 taxation year
iv. By-law to Adopt Optional Tools for the Purposes of Administering Limits for Eligible Properties within the Meaning of Section 331 (New Construction) of the Municipal Act, 2001 regarding the Commercial, Industrial and Multi-Residential Property Classes
v. By-law to amend By-law Number 44-2019, By-law to Establish Certain User Fees
vi. By-law to confirm proceedings of the Council of The Corporation of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent at its meeting held on the 29th day of April, 2019
25. Resolution Council in Closed Session & Adjournment
That Chatham-Kent Council adjourn to its next Meeting to be held on Monday, May 13, 2019 and that Chatham-Kent Council authorize itself to meet in closed session on that day to discuss any matters permitted by The Municipal Act.