Chatham Kent Shelter Solutions
The Chatham-Kent Shelter Solutions Program can help:
- People who are homeless obtain and retain housing;
- Keep people who may be at risk of homelessness, or experiencing shelter insecurity, remain housed.
CK Shelter Solutions can assist qualifying individuals or families with:
- Rental deposits to secure accommodation
- Payments towards rental/mortgage/tax arrears to maintain or retain accommodation
- Payments towards utility arrears and/or reconnection fees to maintain service connections
- Under exceptional circumstances other costs may be considered if it will assist with obtaining and/or retaining housing.
To be eligible for CK Shelter Solutions applicants must:
- Show that affordability problems are temporary, and can be addressed through one-time assistance.
- Show that they are able to financially afford the accommodation's for which they are seeking assistance.
- Meet specific financial need requirements. (Eligibility is determined by a financial needs test which compares assets and household income to the expenses and amount of assistance requested.)
- Reside in Chatham-Kent
For more information or to apply call 519.351.8573 and speak with an Intake Worker.