- Any person or organization (“the user”) acknowledges that the Municipality of Chatham-Kent holds sole licence to the materials of the Chatham-Kent Branding Toolkit.
- By registering with the Citizen Ambassador level of the CK Branding Toolkit, the user agrees to these terms and conditions known as a Chatham-Kent Community Brand Use Agreement.
- Users of the CK Community Branding and CK Branding Toolkit will at all times act in the overall best interests of the community.
- In addition to, and in no way compromising said universal right, the MUNICIPALITY may choose to refuse permission for, or demand the cessation of use of the CK Community Brand and/or CK Branding Toolkit materials in direct or indirect association with activities or content in any medium that
Each material of the Citizen Ambassador/Public Access level of the CK Branding Toolkit is meant for use in its entirety and is not be edited nor substantially altered by the user.
Users of raw, partially formatted or finished materials of the Community Partner level of the of the CK Branding Toolkit will work in coordination with a representative of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent, will enter a project specific Chatham-Kent Community Brand Use Agreement, and will use the CK Community Brandmark on finished products derived from these materials.
No user may lease, sell or barter to others materials of the CK Branding Toolkit without the explicit written consent of the Municipality of Chatham-Kent.
Any person or organization (“the user”)using the CK Community Brand or materials originating in the CK Branding Toolkit shall at all times indemnify and save harmless the Municipality from and against any and all claims, demands, losses, costs, charges, expenses, actions and other proceedings made, brought against, suffered by or imposed on the Municipality in respect of any failure by the user to fulfill any of its obligations under any agreement or for any reason whatsoever related to the use of the use of Chatham-Kent Community Brand, the operation of websites and social media, and marketing or publicity activities, by the user. If the Municipality is, without fault on its part, made a party to any litigation commenced by or against the user, then the user will protect, indemnify and hold the Municipality harmless and pay all expenses and reasonable legal fees incurred or paid by the Municipality in connection with the litigation. The user will also pay all costs and legal fees (on a solicitor and his client basis) that may be incurred or paid by the Municipality in enforcing the terms, covenants and conditions in this Chatham-Kent Community Brand Use Agreement.
The user recognizes that the Chatham-Kent Community Brand and CK Branding Toolkit are administered under the authority of the Chief Administrative Office, Municipality of Chatham-Kent, Civic Centre, 315 King Street West, Chatham ON N7M 5K8 –Tel: 519.360.1998 x3624 - Fax: 519.436.3237 - E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- places the CK Community Brand or said materials so as to appear to endorse a political or religious position
- is anonymously provided, provided using a pseudonym, not provided by a genuine individual or organization using a legal name, or is attributed in a false or misleading manner;
- provides the personal information of individuals without their consent;
- promotes, perpetuates or fosters discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, nationality, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
- is a personal attack on an individual or specific group;
- is profane or abusive;
- is sexually explicit or links to content that is sexually explicit;
- conducts or encourages illegal activity;
- might tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
- violates a legal ownership interest of another party
- does not comply with municipal, provincial or federal legislation.
- tends to bring the community or the Municipality of Chatham-Kent into disrepute