Events on Municipal Property
These web pages contain the various policies & procedures an Event Organizer must follow in order to be approved to operate:
a public event
a private event with alcohol or
on Municipal property.The management of Events on Municipal Property requires the co-ordinated efforts of Municipal staff from many departments - facilitated by the Special Events Co-ordinator - to ensure the event operates safely and adheres to applicable by-laws, policies and procedures.
The Special Events Co-ordinator is a one-stop resource for Event Organizers.
HOW TO GET STARTED
- Review this document for more detailed information and relevant appendices.
For new and / or growing events, contact the Co-ordinator, Special Events at 519-360-1998.
- Contact your local Municipal Centre / Information Desk:
- tentatively book the Municipal location / facility for the date(s) and time(s) of your event
- sign any applicable contracts
- pay any applicable fees.
- Obtain and provide required Certificate(s) of Insurance.
- Based on the activities involved in your event, complete the Event Application and Hold Harmless Agreement and all relevant forms, which are available from:
- the Special Events Co-ordinator
- any Municipal Centre Customer Service Representative
Submit all completed documents at least 8 weeks prior to your event. Municipal staff will process the application and return to you an approval letter / permit, complete with any accompanying conditions, requirements or restrictions.
Failure to comply with the requirements set out in this guide and / or with any relevant policies and procedures may result in the refusal of an event permit/letter, ticketing and/or closure of the event.