Urban Transit, also known as Conventional Transit, is available throughout the Community of Chatham. You can find information on the Downtown Chatham Bus Terminal below.
CK Transit Passenger Survey Fall 2015
Please take the time to complete our Passenger survey!
The following routes are available for Conventional Transit:
- Route 1 - Northwest Quadrant
- Route 2 - Northeast Quadrant
- Route 3 - Southeast Quadrant
- Route 4 - Southwest Quadrant
The transit fare rates are as follows:
- Adult - $2.00 Students - $1.75 Seniors (age 65+) - $1.75
- Children - $1.00 (Under 5 years) with paying passenger
Hours of Service
Monday to Saturday 6:15 a.m. - 7:15 p.m. Frequency - every 30 minutes
Exact Fare Policy
Exact fare is required on all Chatham Conventional Transit Bus Routes. Drivers do not carry change.
A valid transfer is accepted as full fare on all Chatham Conventional Transit Bus Routes. Transfers must be requested at the time the fare is paid and must be used by the person to whom it was issued.
A transfer can be used to provide single fare payment for connections between two points not served by a single route. Transfers will continue to take place at the Downtown Terminal. Transfers may be made, where possible at other points within the Chatham Transit Service Area.
In Touch Connection provides this service on behalf of Chatham-Kent. For any schedule or route information, please contact them directly by calling 519.436.3233. The route maps including the schedule information and transit brochure are also available as downloads on this page.
Senior Citizen Bus Pass Program
The Senior Citizen Transit Pass provides unlimited access to CK Transit's Conventional Service for all seniors 65 years of age and over. The Senior Citizen Transit Pass is a yearly pass and is valid each year from January 1 through December 31.
The cost for this pass is:
Please see the Downloads section of this page for the Application Form.
Multi-Ride Cards have 22 rides per card.
The costs are as follows:
- $35.00 for adults
- $27.00 for students (Student ID or proof of Full Time Registration is required at time of purchase and may be requested at time of boarding)
- $27.00 for senior citizens (age 65+)
Multi-Ride Cards (under 5 years)
Multi-Ride Cards for children under 5 years of age have 30 rides per card.
The cost for these cards is:
- $22.50 for children with paying passenger
Multi-Ride Card Availability
Multi-Ride Cards are available for purchase at the following locations:
- Chatham-Kent Civic Centre - Atrium
- Shopper's Drug Mart - Nortown Plaza on St. Clair Street
- Shopper’s Drug Mart - Queen Street
- Shopper’s Drug Mart - Grand Avenue
St. Clair College Semester Passes
Semester passes are available at the Chatham-Kent Civic Centre at a cost of $120.00 per semester with valid student ID.