Accessible Transit Wallaceburg
Wallaceburg's Specialized Transit Service is a personalized curb-to-curb Transportation Service for persons with a disability, the frail, and the elderly. Call 519.436.3233 to book this service or for further information.
The transit fare details are as follows:
- Fare: $3.00 one way trip
- Exact Fare Only
- Multi-ride tickets are available for purchase $90.00 for 30 rides
- Payable upon entering the vehicle
- Tickets may be purchased at the Wallaceburg Municipal Service Centre
Hours of Service
The hours of service are:
- Monday – Saturday - 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday - 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.(excluding Holidays)
What is the Wallaceburg Specialized Transit Service?
Specialized Transit Service is a personalized curb-to-curb service operating within the Community of Wallaceburg. You can use this service for any purpose: employment, education, medical, personal, business, or leisure activities. The above order determines priority booking.
Who Can Use It?
Persons who are permanently physically disabled the frail and elderly who require the service for an indefinite period.
Persons who are temporarily physically disabled because of illness or injury (subject to review if service is still required after the expiration date, from a minimum of one (1) month to a maximum of six (6) months).
How Do I Register?
You can register for Accessible Transit Wallaceburg by:
- Pick up an Application Form at the Wallaceburg Municipal Service Centre located at 786 Dufferin Street. Call 519.627.1603 and request an application.
- Pick up an Application Form in Chatham at the Civic Centre, 3rd floor, Engineering and Transportation Division. Call 519.360.1998 and request an application.
- Print the application from the Downloads section.
- Request an Application Form from the Specialized Transit Service Provider by calling 519.436.3233.
The Application must:
- Be filled out by applicant, or designated person, giving reasons for request to use the Specialized Transit Service.
- State if the application is to be permanent or temporary.
- Be either signed by the applicant or signed on behalf of the applicant.
- Be signed by attending doctor giving his/her medical reasons why applicant needs the use of the Specialized Transit Service.
Please mail your completed application to:
Municipality of Chatham-Kent
PO Box 640
315 King Street West
Chatham ON N7M 5K8
Attn: Engineering and Transportation
How to Book a Ride
Call 519.436.3233 and provide the following information:
- Your name
- Exact address of pick-up and destination
- Desired time of pickup
- Whether you will be accompanied by an attendant
- Book return trip at the same time
- Please book 24hr in advance
Trips are booked on a first-call, first serve basis. Priority is given to prearranged appointments.
Can someone come with me?
If required, you may have an attendant ride with you on the Specialized Transit Service. Attendants travel free of charge.
Can I cancel my trip?
Please give a 24 hrs notice. Insufficient notice of cancellation (without good reason) will result in "Full Fare" payment.
Will I be Able to get a Ride on A Regular Basis?
A standing arrangement for service is available for persons travelling at a regular time to and/or from a destination such as work, post-secondary school, or medical facility.
The following guidelines must be followed:
- Have exact fare or your ticket ready
- Be ready five (5) minutes ahead of your scheduled time. The Driver is not required to wait more than five (5) minutes past your pick-up time
- Cancel as far in advance as possible
- Be as flexible as possible in arrangements for a ride. Allow twenty minutes wait time from your scheduled pick-up time, especially in bad weather
- All passengers must wear seatbelts
- No smoking
Funding is provided by the Municipality of Chatham-Kent..
Specialized Transit Donation Program
We accept donations to help fund this program, so please take the time to review the donation program for the Wallaceburg Specialized Transit Service.