Cruising the Thames to Chatham is a pleasant, relaxing 30.4 km (19 mile) trip from Lake St. Clair. You will enjoy the restaurants, cafes, pubs, boutiques and shops. Power boaters will appreciate the relaxed setting of the Downtown Docks bordering beautiful Tecumseh Park and Downtown Chatham.
Enter the Thames River at Lighthouse Cove on Lake St. Clair. You will have access to shower facilities by the Civic Centre and Tecumseh Park.
These overnight transient docks offer:
- 8-10 ft. draft at dock
- Electrical compatibility
- Garbage disposal
- Located right in the heart of Downtown Chatham – shopping, restaurants, lounges within walking distance
Downtown at West End, Thames River
Lat. 42° 19.92 Long 81° 28.12
Lat. 42° 19.92 - Lon. 82° 28.12 TD1 31035.17- TD2 49990.11
Your leisurely journey to Chatham is simply a matter of following the River (mid-point is approximately 21 feet in depth). The leisurely cruise, at 8 km (5 miles) per hour, takes about three hours.
- Prairie Siding Bridge height is fixed at 22 feet.
- Parry Bridge height is fixed at 21 feet.
- Lacroix Street Bridge is fixed at a height of approximately 25 feet. About 1/4 mile past the Lacroix Street Bridge, the Downtown Docks begin on the south side of the river behind the Chatham-Kent Civic Centre.
- Third Street Bridge is fixed at a height of about 22 feet.