School and Community
Our Public Health Nurses come to each high school in
Chatham-Kent to address many health issues.
We act as a link to all health unit programs and provide counselling, resources, consultation, and referrals.
Sexual Health High School Services
- Sexual health information and counselling
- Classroom education
- Birth control (at some schools)
- Condoms (at some schools)
- Pregnancy testing
- Some STI testing and treatment
- Emergency Contraceptive Pill (ECP) / Plan B
To find out when your school nurse is available call the intake line, email the clinic or contact your school office.
School Curriculum Information
Community outreach services, which are provided free of charge, include:
- Presentations and consultations related to sexuality
- Community Education campaigns
- Consultation services to health professionals
- Sexual Health Clinics
- Needle exchange
- Workshops and health fairs about important issues such as helping parents explain sex to their children
- Groups to promote awareness about sexuality, including those with special needs
Our Sexual Health Information Line is confidential, and anonymous. Our Public Health Nurses can answer your questions about sexuality and relationships or help you make an appointment at the clinic.