We offer breastfeeding teaching and support for families through classes, clinics, home visits or by phone.
The Chatham-Kent Public Health Unit is a Baby-Friendly Designated Health Unit.
Our committment to you:
- you will receive up to date breastfeeding information
- you will receive information to make an informed decision about how to feed your infant
- you will be supported to breastfeed for as long as you choose
- we will work with healthcare providers and community agencies to support you
- we will help to make breastfeeding a normal part of everyday life
A qualified lactation consultant is available to work with mothers who are having breastfeeding issues or concerns. One-on-one counselling is available by appointment, home visits are also an option. To contact a lactation consultant call 519.352.7270, ext. 2903.
If you have been separated from your baby for medical reasons, or if your baby is ill or in hospital, we can help. Call Chatham-Kent Public Health Unit at 519.352.7270 ext 2903.
Breastfeeding is offered as the fifth class in our prenatal series in Chatham and Wallaceburg. To register call 519.352.7270, ext. 2903.
For more information...
On breastfeeding, skin to skin, exclusive breastfeeding, managing your milk supply, hand expression, Lactational Amenorrhea Method (breastfeeding and birth control) read Breastfeeding Information
Or visit our blog www.ckpublichealth.com