C-K Public Health provides information and support if you have had contact with another person's blood or body fluids.
It is important that you be assessed by a health care provider to see if there is risk of infection. You may need treatment in order to prevent getting a disease such as Hepatitis B and HIV.
If you are one of the following:
- As a result of being a victim of crime
- While providing emergency health care services or emergency first aid to the person
Or the course of his or her duties, if the person belongs to an identified group of individuals, including:
- Persons who are employed in a correctional institution, place of open custody or place of secure custody
- Police officers, civilian employees of a police service, First Nations constables and auxiliary members of a police service
- Firefighters (including volunteer firefighters)
- Paramedics and emergency medical attendants
- Members of the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Paramedic students engaged in field training
You can apply to have the person’s blood tested for specific diseases through the Mandatory Blood Testing Act, 2006 (MBTA).
Call us for more information.