Elementary & Secondary Schools
Photo courtesy of the Chatham-Kent Camera Club
Our community has more than 50 elementary and secondary schools that provide Chatham-Kent’s youth with quality education.
Elementary and secondary education is free for all in Ontario, and mandatory for children under 18 years of age. Parents in Chatham-Kent may enroll their children in Public, Catholic or Private schools, and can also choose from French or English language programs.
Local School Boards:
Catholic School Boards:
- Chatham Christian Schools provide a Christian education for elementary and secondary school students, allowing students to reach their full academic potential while serving the community.
- Darul Uloom Canada is a private boarding school that provides religious and secular education for students in an Islamic environment.
- Eben-Ezer Christian School provides elementary school education as part of the Canadian Reformed School Society, guiding children to commit their hearts to Jesus Christ.
- Montessori School in Chatham provides toddler education for children ages 16 months to 2.5-years-old, and a Casa Program for children ages 2.5 to 6-years-old.
- Wallaceburg Christian School provides elementary school education through quality, Bible-based, Christian curriculum to help children develop their body, mind and soul.
As another alternative to public education, parents may choose to educate their children at home. More information and resources for parents are available at ontariohomeschool.org.
School Bus Information
SchoolBusInfo.com will provide you with information concerning your child's bus schedule and stop locator. The information is based on your child's student number and school. You can also ask your child's school for information.
Follow the link for school bus cancellations due to bad weather or listen to 94.3 FM on the radio.