Applying for a Postion
The Municipality of Chatham-Kent advertises all external employment opportunities on this website under Municipal Jobs.
Responding to the Advertisement
Please submit a separate Career Profile (which can be found in each job ad) and resume for each position you apply for before the closing date and time included in each job posting.
Your package may be either:
- Mailed to the contact name and address in the job ad
- Faxed to 519.436.3237 (or to the fax number included in the job ad)
- Dropped off at any municipal centre
- Emailed to Ckresume@chatham-kent.ca (attachments must be in MS Word (.doc or .docx) or Adobe (.pdf) format only) or email address included in the job ad
Please only submit one copy of your Career Profile and resume for each job posting.
The time between when resumes are received, reviewed, and candidates are contacted varies depending on the position to which they are applying for.
General timelines are as follows:
- Candidates selected for an interview are normally contacted within four weeks after the closing date; only those selected for an interview will be contacted
- All candidates that receive an interview will be notified personally whether they were successful or not
- Due to the volume of applications received, the Municipality does not confirm receipt of resumes
Remember that your application will be the first impression an employer or recruiter will have of you, so make it a good one!
Most of our external postings require a career profile (found in the job ad on our website) and a resume (a cover letter is not accepted); with the exception of our Executive Management positions (i.e. General Manager) which require a cover letter and resume.
Carefully examine the job ad you are applying for; highlight areas in the job ad that you will be addressing in both your career profile and your resume.
It is very important to follow the instructions of a job ad:
- Make sure you apply as per instructions in the job ad – once only, either in person, fax, email, regular mail
- Apply before the deadline
When sending resumes electronically:
- Include in the body of the email your name and contact information; this enables us to contact you if they are unable to open your attachments
- Make sure your attachments are in a software program we can open (Word (.doc or .docx) or Adobe document (.pdf) formats)
- If typing your resume into an email, print the resume before sending to make sure everything is lined up properly when printed (we do prefer an attached resume)
- Include the exact job title and municipal job number in the subject line of your email