Employers & Community Partners
Employment and Social Services Division helps individuals prepare for, connect with, and remain in the labour market. By creating and maintaining meaningful partnerships with local employers and community agencies, we help people become and stay employed.
Employment and Social Services connects local employers who are hiring with qualified candidates. For more information on our services for employers, including the Employment Placement Program for Employers, call an Employment Placement Specialist at 519.351.1228 ext. 0 or email us.
Our FREE services include:
- Access to a large group of candidates with a wide range of skills and experience
- Pre-screening of candidates
- Ongoing human resources support and recruitment services
- Assistance with recruitment activities including job fairs, or resume collection
Financial Incentives for Employers
Financial incentives to employers can be provided when candidates are hired, including:
- Funding for on the job training
- Funding for formal instructor led training such as forklift, WHMIS, computer programs etc.
- WSIB or Insurance coverage for 6months
Customized Training Programs
We can work with training providers and employers to develop one-time training projects customized to meet the needs of employers and job seekers. Examples of past programs include:
- Customer Service Enrichment
- Contact Centre Training
- Culinary and Food Safety
We work with community partners to create innovative and practical volunteer and training opportunities. For more information on our services for community partners, call an Employment Resource Worker at 519.351.8573 or email us.
Volunteers for Your Organization
Non-profit and public sector organizations can use our Community Placement Program volunteer recruitment program to help with valuable services and events they provide to Chatham-Kent residents and visitors. Some recent events we have assisted with:
- Chatham Sunrise Rotary Ribfest
- North Buxton Homecoming
Customized Training Projects
We can work with local community agencies to develop one-time training projects customized to meet the needs of the community, while building skills for job seekers. Some recent projects we have assisted with include:
- Wallaceburg Kinsmen Building Renovation: Construction
- Chatham-Kent Provincial Offences Court: Landscaping
- Chatham-Kent Safety Village: Construction