Does your home need repairs?
Then the Ontario Renovates program may be for you! It helps low to moderate income families to repair homes while improving energy-efficiency or accessibility.
- Your total annual household income must be $68,000 or less
- You own a home within the Municipality of Chatham-Kent that is your main residence with a market value of $144,500 or less
- You have not previously received funding through the Homeownership Program for the property requiring assistance
- See brochure for more details!
How much $ help could you receive?
- Up to $25,000 max. in a forgivable loan.
- Up to $5,000 max in the form of a grant for accessibility repairs.
What are some examples of repairs that can be done?
- Chair and bath lifts
- Doors and windows
- Electrical systems
- Foundations, roofs, walls, floors and ceilings
- Heating systems
- Height adjustments to countertops
- Roof replacement
- Toilet replacement with low-flush to dual-flush toilet
Energy Efficiency Upgrades
A key objective of this program is to respect the environment and help with savings that will improve housing affordability over the long term through the use of energy savings products or systems.
For more information on a range of energy efficient products & incentives, please review the links provided.
- Complete and sign the application form
- Return the completed application form to Chatham-Kent Housing Services with all of the required information, including an estimated cost of repairs/renovations from a professional contractor.
For a copy of the application:
- Download and print
- Call Chatham-Kent Housing Services to have an application mailed to you
- Visit the Chatham-Kent Housing Services office during regular office hours: Monday to Friday (excluding holidays) 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.