How do I apply for social housing?
To apply for social housing in Chatham-Kent, you must:
- Complete and sign the application form
- Return the completed application form to CKHS with all of the required information
For a copy of the application:
- Download and print a copy
- Call CKHS to have an application mailed to you
- Visit the CKHS office during regular office hours: Monday to Friday (excluding holidays) 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Go to a municipal centre, or a social housing provider to pick up an application
If your application is approved, you will be placed on our waiting list. When a unit becomes available, you will be notified.
Remember, to avoid a delay or cancellation…
* Be sure your application is complete and signed. * Anyone 16 years or older who earns an income must sign the application. If not, the application will be returned.
Include copies of:
- Birth certificates
- Proof of Canadian citizenships
- Income & investment statements
- Bank information (statements for the past 3 months showing activity and bank account numbers)
- Life insurance policies
- Real estate information (ex. real estate listing, mortgage papers, deed to home)
- Support and custody paperwork
Has the information on your application changed?
To avoid cancellation, you must report changes within 10 business days to CKHS. Examples of changes to report:
- Address change
- Telephone # change
- Family status change (# of people on your application)
- Income change