A.L.L. for Kids Program
The A.L.L. for Kids Program helps with the cost of registering children into recreational activities in Chatham-Kent. The A.L.L. stands for Activities, Lessons, and Leisure.
A.L.L. for Kids currently has a hold on taking any 2017 requests. Please check back on April 3/17 to make a request.
How Do I Apply?
To start the intake process contact the A.L.L. for Kids Program by one of the following methods:
· Please return on April 3, 2017 to fill out an online request form
· Print and submit the downloadable Activity Request form to the right of this page
· E-mail: email@example.com
· Telephone: 519-351-8573 ext. 2171
Please be aware, the intake process can take up to 4 weeks. The Program Coordinator will call you back to complete your application. To determine eligibility The Program Coordinator may schedule you for an Income Test as part of your application.
Here are a few guidelines that the A.L.L. for Kids Program follow:
- You must contact the Coordinator at least one month before you want to register your child in an activity (do not wait for registration dates to be announced, call early to make your request! Requests for 2017 will be accepted beginning December 1, 2016)
- Only recreational and house league activities are covered
- There is a maximum of two seasons per year per child
- Some support for equipment costs may be available
- The A.L.L. for Kids Program pays the activity provider directly on behalf of your child
Full program details will be provided during your application process.
The A.L.L. for Kids Program is available to people that:
Are living in Chatham-Kent
Are parents or guardians of children ages 0 – 15 years of age
Have no other way to pay for the recreational activity of choice
As of April 1, 2016, participants must meet the following “Low Income Measures”:
Household size Net Income
2 persons $27,521
3 persons $33,706
4 persons $38,920
5 persons $43,514
6 persons $47,667
7 persons $51,486
Documents required for the income test are:
- Income Tax Notice(s) of Assessment (for every adult in the household) or Child Tax Benefit Summary
- Birth certificates or health cards for each member of the household
Once the application is complete the Program Coordinator will assist you with completing the activity registration and payment process.
Does the A.L.L. for Kids Program accept donations?
The “A.L.L. (Activity, Leisure, Lessons) For Kids” program covers the cost of extra-curricular activities for children whose parents could otherwise not afford it. The program has financially supported the activities of approximately 1,000 children per year since its inception in 2001.
The Municipality of Chatham-Kent covers operating costs for the program (ie. one Program Co-ordinator, computer costs, etc). Funding for the activities is received via the Social Assistance Restructuring Reinvestment Funding, through Canadian Tire Jumpstart funds, as well as through various donations. Parents are screened for financial need prior to the children receiving assistance. Unfortunately, the need always outweighs the money available.
An official donation letter would also be issued. 100% of donations to A.L.L. for Kids go directly to the kids activities – administration costs are NEVER deducted from donations.