Provincial Government & Ministries
Visit Service Ontario for help with any provincial government document you are trying to renew
Provincial Government Information Centre
The Provincial Government Information Centre is located at the Chatham Civic Centre at 315 King Street West in Chatham and offers a wide range of bilingual services for your convenience. All service centres provide answers to frequently asked questions about common government publications, forms and applications. The centre also provides online Internet access to government ministries, services, contacts and phone numbers. You can access business registration services through the Ontario Business Connects Internet website. The Provincial Government Information Centre helps to and provides information about ordering government publications of the Internet by fax, or by phone.
If you are starting a new business on your own or with one or partners, or expanding an existing corporation, you can complete up to four of the most commonly required applications at the workstation:
- Business Name Registration or Renewal
- Retail Sales Tax Vendor Permit
- Employer Health Tax
- Workplace and Safety Insurance Board
Links to Provincial Governments
Links to Ontario Ministries
- Cabinet of Ontario- Office of the Premier
- Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs- Provides information about available services and programs. Includes calendar of events, list of publications, location of regional offices, and collection of news releases.
- Ministry of Citizenship- Human rights, equal opportunity, volunteerism, immigration and settlement, disability issues, honours and awards in Ontario. Describes Ministry services and functions, recent events bulletins, contact information, related services and information.
- Ministry of Community and Social Services- Provides information on services to Ontarians who are vulnerable and in need.
- Ministry of Community Safety & Correctional Services- Correctional Services, public safety and security, and policing services.
- Ministry of Economic Development & Trade- Provides access to the Ministry's services and information, assisting people and businesses in Ontario.
- Ministry of Education - Provincial Government authority regarding education in Ontario.
- Ministry of Energy – Created in October 1997, to ensure the energy needs of Ontarians continue to be met, and to position this province as one of the leading jurisdictions in the world for innovation and invention.
- Ministry of Finance – Manages government finances.
- Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care- Offers comprehensive information ranging from addictions and ambulances, to tobacco addictions and women's health. Includes database search and direct links to government online services, health bulletins and related topics.
- Ministry of Intergovernmental Affairs- The Ministry of Intergovernmental Affairs provides strategic advice to the Minister, Premier, and Cabinet on the conduct of Ontario's relations with other governments in Canada.
- Ministry of Labour- Information about the Ministry, employment standards, occupational health and safety, related press releases, labour-management regulations and ministry services.
- Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing- Includes program information, ministerial contacts, research programs, guidelines, and links.
- Ministry of Natural Resources- The government ministry responsible for fish, wildlife, land and water management. Provides links to minister's message, news releases, publications and related links.
- Ministry of Northern Development, Mines and Forestry - Provides information about the ministry including its mandate, services and recent news. Includes online resources for feedback, ministry database search, additional resources and related links.
- Ministry of the Attorney General- Chief law officers of the Crown, conducts criminal proceedings and administers courts services in Ontario and deals with civil claim against the government.
- Ministry of the Environment- Information, news and related links about the Ministry charged with maintaining a clean environment.
- Ministry of Tourism and Culture - Serves Ontario's tourism industry, culture affairs and recreational opportunities.
- Ministry of Transportation- Ministry responsible for transportation and roads. Includes information about the ministry, operations, publications, vehicle and transport legislation, publication information and links to related sites.
- Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities – can help you get the education and training needed to build a successful career.
Other Useful Provincial Links and Phone Numbers